directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [apacheds] Bind to localhost / 127.0.0.1
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:23:07 GMT
David_Geleyn@inventivedesigners.com wrote:

<snip/>

>>for you to use.  Until then you can use artifacts in our maven repo:
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-directory/jars
>>
>>Good luck and let us know if you run into problems,
>>

>At first sight there are no problems with the new versions (0.9-SNAPSHOT)
>of the JARS.
>The problem of the binding to localhost is solved!!
>
>This isn't an official release?

Not yet its just the trunk after 0.8 with some major changes.  I'm up
for doing a release of this stuff ASAP after we exit incubation.

What does everyone else think?

>Is there a date planned to release 0.9?

Nothing yet but we should push it up.

>Does the snapshot version needs a lot of work before it's finished?

Not really there are lots of bug fixes a few new features and we've
switched over to MINA for the network layer.  I personally found the
performance much much better.

I would like to release 0.9 (remember minor release numbers will be
experimental releases with) then start frequently releasing like every
month or two.  So we can release 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2 ... whatever until
we're ready to stabilize new features and cut a 0.10 for a stable
release where only bug fixes go into a 0.10 branch.

Alex