directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [bye bye] Mentoring finished
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:54:09 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> First of all a big thank you to all the ones involved in the
> Incubation of this project, especially to the developers that have
> made all this possible.
>
> A special thanks to Alex, who has been the real Mentor (TM), just as
> it is really intended to be.

No thanks you.  I don't think very many people know that you are the one
that approached me with the idea of bringing LDAPd to the Apache
Incubator.  In the very begining you had the idea.  Perhaps if you said
nothing we would not be here today.

> I have learned a lot, and I hope that I have also given something. The
> fact that the project has graduated at least shows that I have not
> done too much harm ;-)

None at all - I think you're a great example of a Mentor.   Like Noel
you have not interfered with the progress of the community but have
provided hints as to how it can grow and progress.  A good mentor is a
catalyst this way.

Thanks,
Alex