directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <erodrig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [graduation] Our next step
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:01:59 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> compose the PMC of this new top level project.  If there are any questions
> regarding what a PMC is and what it does please take a look here:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/directory/community/process/pmc.html

In the process description above it states "the PMC consists of the same
people that do the development work."  So, in the spirit of Apache,
which I take as the twin ideals of community and meritocracy, I would
like to nominate the developers I have worked with, committed alongside,
and had the pleasure of interacting with on the mailing lists and IRC
channel.  These would be (in alphabetical order):

Alex Karasulu
Trustin Lee
Phil Steitz
Vince Tence

Looks like we also should nominate a Chairperson, so I further nominate
Alex Karasulu.  I would think that's obvious, but I'll state a couple
reasons:  founder of the project, always been open and courteous on the
IRC channel and mailing list, the most focused on building community,
and most importantly (to me, at least) probably the most active committer.

-enrique