directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [IRC] Are you still hosting the irc logs?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:21:59 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
> > The project channel has some serious traffic
>
>> now and we're loosing important conversations.
>

> Another reason to use mailing lists instead, and always report
> hand-crafted summaries to it in any case.

Absolutely! +1,000,000 to that Nicola.

Nicola is so right here.  We all have to be dilligent about this so
everyone in the community can participate.  Think of it this way, every
closed conversation may prevent input from someone who might have a
solution or recommendation that could make a big impact.  Think about
what the ratio of lurkers to committer there is to nascent projects.  If
we hit on a topic that interests them it gives them a way to enter this
community.

Thanks,
Alex