directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Getting rid of snacc dependency in snickers test cases
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:41:42 GMT
Vincent Tence wrote:

> I noticed in the process that Snacc encoded PDUs are a bit different
> from Snickers encoded PDUs. The snacc ones end with an empty sequence of
>
> A0 00
>
> I think it's not an issue and I'm removing that ending sequence from
> the precomputed generated PDUs (and ajusting the PDU size
> accordingly). Can you confirm this is ok?

I forget exactly what this is for.  It might be an empty set of controls
for the LDAP PDU.  Snacc4J if I remember creates this in advance before
it knows it has a valid control or not.  I may be totally off here
though.  Regardless of exactly what it is its extra Snacc4J verbosity
that is not needed for those PDUs.  If I'm wrong we can always add them
again.

Go ahead and just build the PDU without the extra 'A0 00'.

Thanks
Alex

<snip/>