directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Getting rid of snacc dependency in snickers test cases
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:37:33 GMT
Vincent Tence wrote:

> I'm in the process of migrating Snickers test cases to using
> pre-computed pdus rather than relying on Snacc provider to compute
> pdus on the fly.

Awesome!  I'd love to make sure the word Snacc is no where in site even
in test case code.

> The pre-computed pdus are generated using a helper class that I want
> to keep outside the snickers subproject, for breaking the snickers ->
> snacc dependency. I've not found a definitive home for it, but I was
> thinking of putting it within the test folder of the snacc component.
> WDYT?

Sure that could work totally.  It's used for generating test PDUs for
tests and is never meant to be deployed in any artifact.  Yeah thinking
it through now it sounds just fine.  Go for it!

> You can use this helper class in one of the following ways:
>
> 1. Serialize a message content to XML using XStream and feed it to the
> PDUGenerator (not sure this is any useful after all)

You're always using the cool new stuff from the haus.  You make me jealous.

> 2. Copy and paste your message building code in the PDUGenerator class
> (KISS)

Sure that's mui biene.

> In both cases the end result is the PDU string that you can just paste
> to your snickers test case:
>
> byte[] req = new byte[] <paste here>

Excellent this really is all we need at the end of the day.  Great job
here dude.  Also you made it in time to play with some more serious
ASN.1 restructuring.

> If we're ok with this, I'll proceed and update all the test cases.

Yeah we're better than good with this so make your changes at will and
join me in the rewrite branch :)

Good work!  I hope it lead to a better understanding of the ASN.1 code base.

Thanks much,
Alex