directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Tence <vte...@videotron.ca>
Subject Getting rid of snacc dependency in snickers test cases
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:27:57 GMT
I'm in the process of migrating Snickers test cases to using
pre-computed pdus rather than relying on Snacc provider to compute pdus
on the fly.

The pre-computed pdus are generated using a helper class that I want to
keep outside the snickers subproject, for breaking the snickers -> snacc
dependency. I've not found a definitive home for it, but I was thinking
of putting it within the test folder of the snacc component. WDYT?

You can use this helper class in one of the following ways:

1. Serialize a message content to XML using XStream and feed it to the
PDUGenerator (not sure this is any useful after all)
2. Copy and paste your message building code in the PDUGenerator class
(KISS)

In both cases the end result is the PDU string that you can just paste
to your snickers test case:

byte[] req = new byte[] <paste here>

If we're ok with this, I'll proceed and update all the test cases.

- Vincent