directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: DnNormalizer
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:15:04 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Why does it reparse the string when it's normalizing?

The string is reparsed because normalization is not just a matter of
handing whitespace.  It involves normalizing values so that case and
white space varience do not effect the outcome of addressing the entry
node within the namespace.  Things like the attribute schema determine
how this is going to happen.  However this might not contradict what you
are asking I just don't have enough info from this one liner.

I think you are referring to when a non-normalized DN (user provided
input) as an LdapName is converted into a string then put through the
parser again.  It might not have to be if I understand you.

Alex