directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Mac NetInfo (was Re: Setting up IDEA with Maven)
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:38:08 GMT
This is really interesting stuff here on Apple's Open Directory 2
product which is effectively OpenLDAP + MIT Kerberos + Samba:

http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/open_directory.html

This white paper on it shows more details:

http://images.apple.com/server/pdfs/L31755A_OpenDirect2_TB_final.pdf

It ust have been a real challenge for them to set up and integrate all
three servers.  Btw this is all without DNS, DHCP, NTP services.
Perhaps they have other products in OSX Server to do this.

Alex