directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [graduation] Our next step
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 06:29:54 GMT
On Saturday 12 February 2005 14:04, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Niclas,
>
> Whatever your method is can you just give us your nominations as a list
> of names rather than your equation :) ?  I can't fill in those names for
> you after all.  You have to do that.

Ok. Let me revise my suggestion. Keep the initial PMC really small and take in
those who are truly driving this project. Looking at the recent commit logs,
there are a few names that definately stands out;

Alex Karasulu
Trustin Lee
Vincent Tence
Enrique Rodriguez

Remember, Apache PMCs are like APIs, it is easy to add but impossible to
remove.

I think this group would have the respect and trust of the rest of the
community to nuture this project into an Apache flagship project.

So my suggestion to the community is to ratify a simple list like this,
instead of having individual nominations, voting of individuals and so forth.
It is not graceful to be faced with nominations that one doesn't like, and by
voting negative you are presenting both yourself and the other individual in
unfavourable light, and many would therefor vote in favour, just to avoid the
confrontation.

Is there consensus on the above suggested small initial PMC??
[ ] Yay, the list is good.
[ ] Nay, let's go through the nominations, voting (and humilations).

As for Chair; I am absolutely certain that there is no contest and both the
community and the Board will want to see Alex as the Chair.
[x] Yay

Cheers
Niclas