directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project maven-directory-plugin (in module apacheds) failed
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:51:36 GMT
On Saturday 12 February 2005 12:27, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody know why this would fail when everything works fine when checked
> out.  It looks like velocity is blowing chunks looking for a
> commons-collections LRUMap class.  However we use the velocity-dep jar
> which has all the dependencies bundled with it.  So it should have
> LRUMap.  Perhaps something on Brutus does not have the right jar.

If you have it narrowed down that well, why don't you do roughly what Gump
does, i.e. check-out the Velocity source and build it. Gump goes to great
extent of NOT using the jars you specify (in your case via versioned
artifacts in the POM) but the latest of HEAD.

It is not intended to catch your compile errors, but to catch inter-project
dependency regressions.

For instance, assume that Velocity 1.4 works and Velocity HEAD doesn't, then
that needs to be communicated to the Velocity group; "Hey guys, your change
of X breaks our code. Is this a mistake or are you making a drastic change,
if so how do we migrate?"

Cheers
Niclas