directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@iktek.com>
Subject Re: [asn1] why use TLV objects at all?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:58:25 GMT
> I am not in favor of cleaning up old code that's going to be replaced
> anyway.  What do you think of the idea of hand writing the stubs for
> LDAP using our "new" runtime?

Hum, well, do not tell that to Alex : it's not so much a cleaning
process ... Much more a wipe out process ;-)

+1 to hand write the stubs. I was thinking about an XSD -> POJO and
upper this a hand written stub.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying about XSD -> POJO : it's a Write and
Forget weapon, something that will cost two or three days, and can be
put back in a trash bin when the compiler is ready to go by itself.

Any other better ideas?