directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@iktek.com>
Subject Re: Consolidate snickers projects into runtime and compiler
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:01:36 GMT
Hi alan,

Le samedi 19 février 2005 à 12:38 -0500, Alan D. Cabrera a écrit :
> I have merged all the ASN1 code into a unified multi-project maven setup
> in asn1/branches/ber-decoder.

I'm just a little bit reluctant about the name : Ber-decoder. As it
includes a Der decoder, it would be better if named asn1-decoder or
something ASN1 related.

> I propose that we use this setup instead
> of the project heirarchy that we have in trunk.  All the code is neatly
> in the modules directory.

Is this a "must" thing to put all the projects under a module
subdirectory? Does a separation between what is used to generate stubs
and what is used by other projects (I mean, codecs) make sense?

> The maven site target now works correctly.
> Finally, this setup paves the way for the ASN1 refactoring that has been
> discussed on and off as of late.

hem, I was able to generate .project files for eclipse with the previous
Maven & project.xml in trunk, not anymore in ber-decoder branches. That
is not such a big deal, but it would be real cool if this feature still
work !

> Thoughts?

that's it. No more thoughts...