directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project apseda (in module apseda) failed
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:02:51 GMT
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2005 21:45, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> In the meantime, I want to try to get GUMP all cleared up.  It's
>> starting to become irritating but then again that's its job :).  In
>> the worst case we can just blow away the darn test case but before
>> we do that let's see if this can be fixed.
>
> Full testcase output is found here.
> http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/apseda/apseda/gump_file/TEST-org.apache.apseda.examples.DiscardProtocolProviderTest.txt.html
>
> ConnectException: Connection Refused
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have root access to Brutus, so I don't know
> if there are any iptables restrictions at the port level. (Stefan
> might be able to check, or know who can check?)

Please ask on general@gump, I'm a bit busy and rather unfamiliar with
the way Debian configures iptables (at least I now know that it is
different from the Redhat and Fedora machines I've worked on).

There shouldn't be any problems connecting to ports on localhost, the
commons-net builds do so all the time.

It might be a concurrency issue (brutus has more than one CPU, and it
may be running several Gump instances at the same time), but I'd
rather be surprised if it was, in particular if the test always fails
this way.

Stefan