directory-dev mailing list archives

From David_Gel...@inventivedesigners.com
Subject [server] Create new objectClass in ApacheDS
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:39:41 GMT
Hi all!

I'm trying the 0.8 release of ApacheDS and it seems very good (so far).
Now i want to add a new objectClass, but I can't find any documentation
about how to do it in ApacheDS.
1) Can somebody point me to some useful information?

2) What I am trying to do is to add a schema to the LDAP server. Is this
possible in any way? Maybe add it statically to the server (like in
OpenLDAP)?

3) Does ApacheDS supports the modification of RFC2252 schema descriptions?

I tried following programm to add an object class:
http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/schema/src/AddObjectClass.java

Result:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to add
entry cn=schema,ou=system:
org.apache.ldap.common.exception.LdapNameNotFoundException: Attempt to
modify non-existant entry: cn=schema,ou=system

Thanks!

David

Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: