directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Directory project releases II
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:09:20 GMT
Personally, I feel that Roy had a valid point when he said:

> Personally, I think it would be better if you simply released a
> single alpha product (like ldapd) and used experience from that
> to improve the individual libraries, but I assume you have
> reasons for releasing independent libraries right now.

At the moment, I'm not sure that we have a need to release anything
separately other than naming and the server, and then gain experience from
those.  These are only technology previews, anyway, until we exit the
Incubator.  And once we release separate packages, we increase resistance to
change (as well as expectations).

So I would go ahead and create tags for each component going into the server
or naming, and release just those two packagings.

+1 for that.  -0 for the separate component releases -- at this time.

	--- Noel