directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: RE: [VOTE] Directory project releases II
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:19:54 GMT
> > Just for clarification - my vote is not a veto (release votes are
> > typically majority based votes). It's simply a "-1" together with
> > comments.

> I was thinking it was the same as a vote on a technical issue where
> a -1 counts as a veto.  Sorry about the confusion.

Technical issues must be resolved prior to a release.  I tend to hold
incubator releases to a high standard in terms of being clean (code quality
is another matter entirely).

Mind you, these packages during Incubation are not really ASF Releases.
They go under cvs.apache.org/dist, and are conveniently packaged previews to
help build community for those who are willing to be early adopters.  Hence
the disclaimer.

	--- Noel