directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] The server has been released! (Was [VOTE][release] [ApacheDS] 0.8)
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:13:10 GMT
Get into the habit of running such things by the PRC (prc@apache.org).

What is the purpose for this PR announce?  To attract users, developers, ...
?

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Trustin Lee [mailto:trustin@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 20:41
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: [ApacheDS] The server has been released! (Was
[VOTE][release] [ApacheDS] 0.8)

Hi.

Congratulations!  I want to announce this release to TheServerSide.com
and freshmeat.net.

Here is the announce statement I wrote:

-------- BEGIN --------
Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of ApacheDS
0.8, a pure-Java LDAP server.

Our primary vision is to build an enterprise directory server platform
and its components where other Internet services (DNS, DHCP, SLP,
UDDI, ...) snap in to store their data within the directory so they
may be managed using LDAP.

Features:

 * Designed as an LDAP and X.500 experimentation platform.
 * The server exposes all aspects of administration via a special
system backend.
   * JMX compliance is pending.
 * Java based triggers and stored procedures are being implemented.
 * Both the backend subsystem and the frontend are separable and
independently embeddable.
 * A server side JNDI LDAP provider which directly interacts with the
backend storage.
 * Based on a simple Staged Event Driven Architecture (SEDA) which can
handle large amounts of concurrency.

Please note that the Directory Project is an effort undergoing
incubation at the Apache Software Foundation (ASF).  While incubation
status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or
stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be
fully endorsed by the ASF.

Check ApacheDS at: http://incubator.apache.org/directory/

Cheers,
Trustin