directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [survey] Exiting the Incubator
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:58:09 GMT
[X] the time is about right. Let's start getting ready to exit

With respect to having "exited long ago", amongst the obstacles was
dependence upon code with an unacceptable license, and not too much of a
community for a while.  Only recently --- in many respects, since
ApacheCon --- have we seen a surge in the community outside of just a few
core developers.  I expect continued growth as the Directory Server becomes
something that people can actually use, and more readily extend.

	--- Noel