directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [OT] PRC was: [ApacheDS] The server has been released!
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 04:14:23 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Get into the habit of running such things by the PRC (prc@apache.org).

> I've been wondering to what extent their role was.

They are responsible for our public messages.  If we're going to be going to
outside PR venues, the PRC should be involved.  Let them say otherwise.

> hadn't really thought about release announcements.

Release announcements here are different from posting to TheServerSide, et
al.

> > What is the purpose for this PR announce?  To attract users,
> > developers, ... ?

> Back on topic, I'd imagine its a bit of both.

Well, I agree, but did the text do that?  :-)  Is there something more we
could say to accomplish the objectives?  Should we specifically extend an
open invitation?  If so, to whom and for what?

	--- Noel