directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS][release] Announcing the release of ApacheDS 0.8,
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:14:59 GMT
Thanks Trustin, for following this through.

Regards,
Alan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Trustin Lee [mailto:trustin@gmail.com]
	Sent: Sun 1/23/2005 8:24 PM
	To: Apache Directory Developers List
	Subject: Re: [ApacheDS][release] Announcing the release of ApacheDS 0.8,

	Hi,

	I modified the announcement again.  I'll post this to
	TheServerSide.com now because it looks great finally. :)

	--------BEGIN --------
	Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of ApacheDS
	0.8, a pure-Java LDAP server.

	Our primary vision is to build an enterprise directory server platform
	and its components where other Internet services snap in to store
	their data within the directory so they may be managed using LDAP.
	Those services include LDAP itself, DNS, DHCP, SLP, UDDI, NTP, and
	most importantly Kerberos, which can integrate with the services to
	provide full-featured network authentication service.

	Features:

	* Designed as an LDAP and X.500 experimentation platform.
	* The server exposes all aspects of administration via a special system backend.
	* Both the backend subsystem and the frontend are separable and
	independently embeddable.
	* Provides a server side JNDI LDAP provider which directly interacts
	with the backend storage.