directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject RE: QUESTION: [GUMP@brutus]: Project stub-compiler (in module asn1) success, but with warnings.
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:31:49 GMT
In my experience, this would mean that the tests would always send reports because of warnings
or failures.  When this occurs, it becomes noise.  Is there a page that we could go to where
we can see the results when were interested in seeing them?

Regards,
Alan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Niclas Hedhman [mailto:niclas@hedhman.org]
	Sent: Sat 1/22/2005 1:49 PM
	To: Apache Directory Developers List
	Subject: Re: QUESTION: [GUMP@brutus]: Project stub-compiler (in module asn1) success, but
with warnings.

	On Saturday 22 January 2005 18:32, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
	> Odd, is this the behavior that we want?

	I don't know about you personally ;o)
	But Gump is an Apache-wide social experiment, where cross-project integration
	awareness is intended to be improved.

	For instance, you will now know that the deprecation have occurred in the
	source, and have time to fix before the next release (if possible).
	Furthermore, assume that the change was a bit more dramatic, and broke your
	code, you would be able to go back to the other project and highlight this
	before it reaches released state.

	Now, cause and effect is something that Leo Simons and Stefano Mazzocchi is
	apparently working on at the moment, so that when project A makes a change
	that leads to a failure in project B, then project A should get notified, not
	project B as it is today.

	Cheers
	Niclas