directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Directory project releases II
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:14:52 GMT
I assume comments below are about the candidate [naming] dist.  Thanks.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@d-haven.org]
	Sent: Tue 1/4/2005 6:47 AM
	To: Apache Directory Developers List
	Cc: vtence@videotron.ca
	Subject: Re: [VOTE] Directory project releases II

	Stephen McConnell wrote:

	>[ ] +1 Approve the request to release
	>[x] -1 Reject the request to release
	>[ ] +0 Abstain
	>
	>1. wrong license in distribution

	It's not the ASL 2.0?  We need to fix that.  Where did you notice the
	ASL 2.0 license missing?

	psteitz: That is my fault.  The licenses in the source were changed last year, as was license.xml,
but I must have missed LICENSE.txt.  Alex fixed it in svn and I fixed the candidate distro
last night.

	>2. no javadoc package in the dist

	psteitz: The javadoc is in the binary dist only.  Could be added to source.

	>3. directory has not exited incubator and so long as this project
	>   is in incubator it isn't real

	At this point in the game I don't think either of these are a blocker.
	Think of it as an early access release.

	--

	"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,