directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <>
Subject Re: Setting up IDEA with Maven
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:19:46 GMT

> :( too bad - you might want to get off windows hehe.
I have an iBook G3, but it is just painfully slow for Java
development.  It is over 3 years old and is 500Mhz with a 66mhz bus.
Good for email and web, but not Java development.

I will just save up for a spanking new iBook G4 or Powerbook.  My PC
is a P4, and I just keep my PC up to speed for gaming.  I installed a
Firewire PCI card this weekend so I can now sink all future expenses
into external components which will work seamlessly with my future Mac
replacement.  For now I can at least test Apache DS on Windows, Mac
and FreeBSD.

Besides, if I stopped using Windows I would not have a viable virus
hosting environment at my disposal.  That Ad Push Technology (APT) is
just cutting edge.  Microsoft is really ahead of the game with virus
hosting. (sic)

Brennan Stehling

View raw message