directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <offwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up IDEA with Maven
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:19:46 GMT

> :( too bad - you might want to get off windows hehe.

I have an iBook G3, but it is just painfully slow for Java
development.  It is over 3 years old and is 500Mhz with a 66mhz bus.
Good for email and web, but not Java development.

I will just save up for a spanking new iBook G4 or Powerbook.  My PC
is a P4, and I just keep my PC up to speed for gaming.  I installed a
Firewire PCI card this weekend so I can now sink all future expenses
into external components which will work seamlessly with my future Mac
replacement.  For now I can at least test Apache DS on Windows, Mac
and FreeBSD.

Besides, if I stopped using Windows I would not have a viable virus
hosting environment at my disposal.  That Ad Push Technology (APT) is
just cutting edge.  Microsoft is really ahead of the game with virus
hosting. (sic)

--
Brennan Stehling
 + http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/