directory-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up IDEA with Maven
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:36:06 GMT
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:38:38 -0600, Brennan Stehling <offwhite@gmail.com> wrote:
> This weekend I worked on setting up my development environment.  (A
> Windows virus caused a lot of spyware to be installed so it killed my
> progress)
>
> So last night from midnight to 3am I finally started trying a few of
> the Maven commands for IDEA, like...
>
> maven idea:multiproject
> maven idea:module
>
> I believe I want to set up the project with multiple modules and
> depenencies between all of them so I can effectively navigate all of
> the code.  It seems the Maven commands did not really do a great job.
> I had to manually set up all of the Sources and Test Sources
> directories and also some dependencies.

Brennan,

I use the IDEA goals for Maven all the time with a few very large
projects and don't have any issues. FWIW, these goals can be
influenced by setting properties in the project.properties files to
identify web apps, etc. I usually sit at the root of any project's
working directory and execute the idea:multiproject goal. When it
finishes, all of the necessary IDEA modules are ready to use. Is Maven
just missing some dependencies here and there or what? Are the POMs
set up correctly?

Bruce

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/