directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Tencé, Vincent" <vte...@optimuminformatique.com>
Subject RE: [janus] New name
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:48:22 GMT
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 14:19, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Is it sufficiently generic?  Security has all sorts of
> connotations.  Is
> > Janus specifically an AAA framework?
>
> I agree that Security Framework could mean anything from
> encryption to AAA to
> security access system in buildings and more.
>
> triple-ay seems more reasonable.

I agree that Security is maybe too generic, but it generally refers to
Authentication and Authorization Services in the Java Server world. The
feedback I had from AAA is that nobody knows what it means, it's rather
cryptic. In that respect, I'd rather include Security in the name, or
explicitly Authentication and Authorization.

So I would favor:
1. Apache Security Framework
or
2. Apache Authentication and Authorization Framework

WDYT?

- Vincent