directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][release] Announcing the release of ApacheDS 0.8,
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:24:42 GMT

I modified the announcement again.  I'll post this to now because it looks great finally. :)

--------BEGIN --------
Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of ApacheDS
0.8, a pure-Java LDAP server.

Our primary vision is to build an enterprise directory server platform
and its components where other Internet services snap in to store
their data within the directory so they may be managed using LDAP.
Those services include LDAP itself, DNS, DHCP, SLP, UDDI, NTP, and
most importantly Kerberos, which can integrate with the services to
provide full-featured network authentication service.

* Designed as an LDAP and X.500 experimentation platform.
* The server exposes all aspects of administration via a special system backend.
* Both the backend subsystem and the frontend are separable and
independently embeddable.
* Provides a server side JNDI LDAP provider which directly interacts
with the backend storage.