directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] API access to ProtocolSession
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 03:48:01 GMT
Hi.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:41:14 -0500, Jason Vasquez <jason@mugfu.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 11:46:25AM +0900, trustin wrote:
> > > What is the external API entry point for a client to send a message?
> >
> > There is no way to access ProtocolSession directly right now.  I have to fix
> > this issue soon.  You can send your message in your
> > ProtocolHandler.sessionOpenend() method. For example,
>
> If on sessionOpened(), I register the ProtocolSession for use
> elsewhere within my client application, is it safe for other
> threads to use?  (normally one of the IoThread's executing the
> event callback would be acting on the ProtocolSession from what
> I've seen)

It is not safe to remember the reference of ProtocolSession because
ProtocolHandlerFilter can replace it at any time. But you can do so if
you're not going to add or remove filters once the session is open.

Yes, this issue is also a kind of API bug, and I have to fix it.

Thanks,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/