directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <erodrig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting up IDEA with Maven
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:02:11 GMT
Brennan Stehling wrote:
> This weekend I worked on setting up my development environment.  (A
> Windows virus caused a lot of spyware to be installed so it killed my
> progress)
>
> So last night from midnight to 3am I finally started trying a few of
> the Maven commands for IDEA, like...
>
> maven idea:multiproject
> maven idea:module

Other ones I find handy to know are the '-o' option for not fetching
jars, the executable jar command, and multiproject ones.  I do a lot of:

$ cd subproject/trunk
$ maven -o multiproject:install
$ cd main
$ maven -o javaapp:jar
$ java -jar target/subproject.jar subproject.properties

Every protocol will at least build an executable jar that you can hit
with a client.

-enrique