directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject [naming] links and federation
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:25:34 GMT
As I prepared to commit Roland's patch to support resource links in the
XmlConfigurator, I realized that this was really just a special case of
federation.  I have written up some notes here
http://wiki.apache.org/directory/NamingHome
that present an option that will get us most of the benefit of
federation without adding much complexity or code.  I tried to include a
little background on how the tomcat-based context management works under
the covers so others can jump in a little more easily.

I would appreciate it if others could take a look and tear it up a bit /
offer better ideas on how to support Roland's use case as well as the
federation idea that Noel suggested.  Thanks!

Phil