directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][release] Announcing the release of ApacheDS 0.8,
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:53:01 GMT
Brian, Trustin,

Great pointers Brian.  These recommendations really strengthen content
in the announcement of our latest release.   And Trustin you've done an
excellent job going through the right channels and involving the
community in formulating our concerted announcement.   This is the kind
of community involvement that gives me the warm fuzzies :).

Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:

> (Just a few grammar tweaks and an additional paragraph)
>
> This isn't an "official" press release, so as long as your project's
> PPMC gives it the thumbs up, you're golden.

Yep this release was passed unanimously by the PPMC.   We would never
consider an announcement unless we made it "official" but then again you
can never stress this too much to an incubating project :).

> Good luck, and congrats on the release!

Much appreciated!  It was certainly a positive experience formulating
the announcement with the help of the PRC.

Thanks much to both of you,
Alex