directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <erodrig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SPAM] [server] Create new objectClass in ApacheDS
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:36:46 GMT
David_Geleyn@inventivedesigners.com wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying the 0.8 release of ApacheDS and it seems very good (so far).
> Now i want to add a new objectClass, but I can't find any documentation
> about how to do it in ApacheDS.
> 1) Can somebody point me to some useful information?

Maven Directory Plugin website:
http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/apacheds/users/plugin.html

> 2) What I am trying to do is to add a schema to the LDAP server. Is this
> possible in any way? Maybe add it statically to the server (like in
> OpenLDAP)?

We use the Maven Directory Plugin.  Rough instructions:

1)  Add the schema to project.properties.

apacheds/trunk/core/project.properties

2)  Configure any deps in project.properties.

Look for the section:
{code}
# schema class generation
# =======================

maven.ldap.server.schemas = [schemata, ...]
maven.ldap.server.schema.deps.[schema] = [deps, ...]
{code}

3)  Place the schema in the drop folder.

apacheds/trunk/core/src/main/schema

4)  Execute the maven goal.

bash-2.05b# cd apacheds/trunk/core
bash-2.05b# maven directory:schema

> 3) Does ApacheDS supports the modification of RFC2252 schema descriptions?

ApacheDS currently only supports read-only.  Write support is expected
in the future.