directory-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Berger <roliber...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: [naming] ResourceLinks
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:56:37 GMT
Hi Phil

I have changed the naming.dtd to allow resourclink elements.
The attached winrar compressed file contains all the changed and new
sources.
Please note the following:

- XMLConfigurator allows more than one context. This was done by
removing your ugly hack. After that all the XMLConfigurator test cases
were broken. After some hours I found out that the method
destroyInitialContext() did not work correctly when more than one
binding existed in the inital context. See the comments in the method.
The new implementation is still not the best. An iterator over a
collection, wich allows delete operation during iterating over the
collection would be nice. Obviously NamingEnumerator does not.

- The global naming context is indicated by an empty name attribut of
the context element. The global context is the initial context.

- The context used in ResourceLinkRef is initialized in
setupInitialContext(). I'm not sure if this a good solution since I
don't know the concepts of the SelectorContext class. Please check if
this soulution works also when the SelectorContext is used instead of
the NamingContext.

- By mistake I have reformated the source code. Sorry. Is there an
apache wide style guide or better a config file for eclipse an intellij?

- Let me know if you are going to commit the source or if my changes
does not meet the concepts you have defined for this project. If you'll
commit it I will keep my work in sync, otherwise I'll go my own way.

- On monday I'll implement a server.xml to naming.xml transformer. Are
you interested in this?

- If I still have time I'll think of a solution for the nesting context
stuff.

Regards
Roland