directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [distributions] patch submitted for dist:multiproject
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:18:04 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Phil,
>>
>> I submitted the patch for the dist plugin that does mutliproject
>> distros.  You can download and apply the patch to trunk and install
>> to test.  I have modified naming and will checkin shortly to make the
>> dist:mp work. Give it a try.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alex
>

> Works like a charm!
>
> I do have a couple of comments. I will summarize this to the ticket,
> but want to talk about it here a little, because its partly a question
> of what goes in the patch vs our maven.xml.
>
> 1) The bit to copy LICENSE, disclaimer, etc. is *really* important to
> us, but probably does not belong in the plugin, at least as it is.
> The behavior should be the same as the normal (non-multi) plugin.

Looks as though the normal plugin does hardcode copying things like
LICENSE.txt, README.txt etc.

> Could be the best thing to do is to expose a property (also for the
> normal dist plugin) that is a list of files to pull in the top level
> (or alternatively, to exclude with the default to pull everything).
> Or omit it altogether but rig it so it is easy to do in maven.xml.

Much better approach definately than hard coding these copies.  I think
we can still include some default things though or have this includes
property set to certain values within the plugin.properties file.  What
do you think Brett?

> 2) The consolidated javadoc script includes the classpath element that
> I had, which does not really work unless you have - sic - executed an
> ant build first to load all of the dependent jars.  It doesn't make
> any difference to the javadoc generated in naming, so I did not really
> fuss with it; but it might be worth figuring out for the plugin.  The
> "right" way would be to somehow make maven's internal classpath
> available, or I guess the union of the subproject classpaths.  I have
> no idea how to do this.

Hmmm I don't either perhaps Brett can chime in.

> Thanks again for doing this.

Np but I couldn't have done it without Brett answering my questions
mainly about Jelly.

Cheers,
Alex