directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [distributions] patch submitted for dist:multiproject
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:52:49 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Phil,
>
> I submitted the patch for the dist plugin that does mutliproject
> distros.  You can download and apply the patch to trunk and install to
> test.  I have modified naming and will checkin shortly to make the
> dist:mp work. Give it a try.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Works like a charm!

I do have a couple of comments. I will summarize this to the ticket, but
want to talk about it here a little, because its partly a question of
what goes in the patch vs our maven.xml.

1) The bit to copy LICENSE, disclaimer, etc. is *really* important to
us, but probably does not belong in the plugin, at least as it is.  The
behavior should be the same as the normal (non-multi) plugin.  Could be
the best thing to do is to expose a property (also for the normal dist
plugin) that is a list of files to pull in the top level (or
alternatively, to exclude with the default to pull everything).  Or omit
it altogether but rig it so it is easy to do in maven.xml.

2) The consolidated javadoc script includes the classpath element that I
had, which does not really work unless you have - sic - executed an ant
build first to load all of the dependent jars.  It doesn't make any
difference to the javadoc generated in naming, so I did not really fuss
with it; but it might be worth figuring out for the plugin.  The "right"
way would be to somehow make maven's internal classpath available, or I
guess the union of the subproject classpaths.  I have no idea how to do
this.

Thanks again for doing this.

Phil