directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [server] ok got a great name recommendation
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:05:49 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was talking to Hani who does the Bile Blogg over here:
>
>    http://www.jroller.com/page/fate

I really don't like that guy.  He has such a potty mouth, and he only
revels in his self proclaimed "everyone else is a loser and I am the
greatest" attitude.

> He's been looking at the server and the site with all the name changes.
> He made some good points about how confusing it was to use 'server' for
> the name and folder of the old Eve project.  So he made a recommendation
> which was kind of catchy.  I thought I'd run it by you guys to see if
> its worth changing, yes, yet again.
> He suggested ApacheDS.
> Basically this would be the name used for links, the email prefix and
> perhaps the project folder in subversion.  It will not be the package
> name which would still be o.a.ldap.server.
>
> Like it? Hate it? It might be better to ApacheDS rather than ADS or
> Server which confuses people.  Plus you want to keep it short.  The
> horizontal navbar needs a short name.

I like ApacheDS.  It works.  I don't like ADS--its too close to Active
Directory Server and Attention Deficite Disorder.

P.S. Just a personal side note--If you took out all the profanity and
obscene comments from any Bile Blog entry you might only get one or
two sentences of meaningful commentary.  Yech.

                 - Rich Cook