directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [server] ok got a great name recommendation
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:33:34 GMT
Hi all,

I was talking to Hani who does the Bile Blogg over here:

    http://www.jroller.com/page/fate

He's been looking at the server and the site with all the name changes.
He made some good points about how confusing it was to use 'server' for
the name and folder of the old Eve project.  So he made a recommendation
which was kind of catchy.  I thought I'd run it by you guys to see if
its worth changing, yes, yet again.

He suggested ApacheDS.

Basically this would be the name used for links, the email prefix and
perhaps the project folder in subversion.  It will not be the package
name which would still be o.a.ldap.server.

Like it? Hate it? It might be better to ApacheDS rather than ADS or
Server which confuses people.  Plus you want to keep it short.  The
horizontal navbar needs a short name.

Alex