directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [naming] ResourceLinks
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:59:52 GMT
BERGER ROLAND wrote:
> --- Erhalten von  SYSUEXT.UE05588 +41 51 220 49 56           11.01.05 15.57
>
> Hi all
>
> Yes, this message does not belong to this list but so far there is no user
> list. Right?

Yes, this is the only list, for now and you are asking in the right place.

> In a J2SE Environment (without any EJB/Web Container) we want to simulate
> the <ResourceLink> Element like it is used in Tomcat's server.xml.
>
> Can this be achived like this?:
>

> <naming>
>
> For entries in <GlobalNamingResources> <Resource>
>   <context name="IC_">
>      <resource name="jdbc/pool" type="javax.sql.DataSource">
>      </resource>
>   </context>
>
> For entries in <Context> <ResourceLink>
>   <context>
>      <resource name="jdbc/pool" type="javax.sql.DataSource">
>      </resource>
>   </context>
>
> </naming>
>
> Thank's for any help on this!
> Best regards Roland

Can you explain a little more what exactly you are trying to do?
Currently, ResourceLinks are not supported by the XmlConfigurator,
though this would be a pretty easy extension.  The examples here:
http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/naming/using.html
pretty much cover what is available via the configurator now.

The JNDI provider, however, does support links, so you could use the API
directly to set this up as well.

Let us know what you would like to see -- best of all with patches --
and we will see what we can do.

Phil