directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [site] building and deploying part II
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:39:49 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

>> If anyone has questions or thoughts please let us know.  Also note
>> that Brett will be cutting a release of the site plugin just for
>> Directory needs in a short while (day or two).  So for those that
>> don't want to build from the trunk you can wait for the release.
>> Thanks Brett!
>>

> Hats off to you guys!

It's all Brett.

> This is great. One small question. Can I just do site:publish for a
> multiproject?  When I use multiproject it regenerates the whole thing
> locally.

Well what I noticed was that site:publish does not force the
multiproject site generation.  What I do is generate the site if using
maven multiproject first, then I do the site:deploy followed by
site:publish.

Oddly though site:publish seems to have stopped working for me hmmmm.

> I also like the idea of running diffs regularly and maybe having the
> publish operation write these out to a log. Is the plan to do the
> synch regularly or to have people explicitly publish each time?
> Publishing would probably be better from an audit standpoint, which
> IIRC was also a reason for storing the site docs in CVS.

I think we can take a diff and store that for rollbacks before the
publish operation.  That way we keep only one version of history as is
probably needed.  No one really cares past a single rollback I think for
generated docs.

Alex