directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [naming][sitedocs] wondering why the horizontal nav at top for naming has gifs in it now
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:46:21 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>
>> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>>> Phil,
>>>
>>> Are those new gifs that now appear in the horizontal navbar in the
>>> upper right hand side of the site due to the relative links you
>>> applied to the naming navigation.xml?
>>> Alex
>>

>> I think so...you mean absolute links.  Must be something in the style
>> being applied that puts little arrows in for "external" links.
>> You can see these on the left nav as well to things like the wiki and
>> svn.
>

> Right I see now.  Does this mean we have to do this for all sites for
> consistancy?

It doesn't bother me personally, but I am not the one to ask about UI
stuff ;-).  It would probably be good for the other subproject sites as
well, assuming they are going to ever want to generate standalone docs.
I am also OK fixing naming in the release build and leaving the public
site with relative links if others dont like the difference and dont
want to change the other navs. Its just easier to maintain if they are
the same (the release and public site naming navs, I mean).

Phil