directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [site] building and deploying (part I)
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:37:12 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

>>> I'd probably use rsync -avz --delete to make sure it didn't
>>> accumulate crud, but there are two concerns with that:
>>> - it'll delete anything that was pushed there manually
>>> - I've sometimes seen mail archives stored in there - deleting these
>>> would probably be bad :)
>>>
>>> presumably this is still a bad thing in terms of recovery from
>>> staging, though I imagine the latter are recovered from backup in a
>>> failure.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>

>> Excellent suggestions Brett.  If this publish feature was there today
>> I'd be using it.  What's the effort involved in knocking this stuff
>> out?  Meaning this is not possible within the near future but
>> something that we can use down the road right?
>>
> I've got it there, without --delete for now for safety reasons :) Let
> me know how it goes.
>
> maven -Dmaven.repo.remote=http://cvs.apache.org/repository
> -DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-site-plugin -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT
> plugin:download
>
> Goals and properties docs are up:
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/site/
> I'll add the use cases later.
>
> Basically, add:
> maven.site.stage.directory=/path/to/stage
> and site:deploy will go there instead, with site:publish publishing
> from there to pom.siteDirectory (which should be the final location).
>
> I'll add the stage stuff to the POM in Maven 1.1

I gave it a try and ran into what seems to be a small error.  Here's the
output I got:

http://rafb.net/paste/results/yArsnL40.html

And here are the settings that I'm using in the project.properties and
project.xml file for the guine pig project (sitedocs top level):

project.properties:
    http://rafb.net/paste/results/dNWMur24.html

project.xml:
    http://rafb.net/paste/results/no51Tu59.html

 From the looks of it the rsync invocation may be given minotaur as the
source and target server to sync up to when this may not be needed since
the rsync is local.  Ahh before I forget let me generate the output with
the -X option:

http://rafb.net/paste/results/tLx8ug56.html

Hmmm is this stuff on line #158 from the output in the above link any
clue to what may be going wrong?

'akarasulu@minotaur.apache.org'
'mkdir -p /www/incubator.apache.org/directory; rsync -avz /home/akarasulu/public_html/rsynced-sites/directory/*
akarasulu@minotaur.apache.org:/www/incubator.apache.org/directory'

*** The ' characters around the executable and arguments are ***
*** not part of the command.                                 ***

    [exec] [DEBUG] Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'ssh' with arguments:
'akarasulu@minotaur.apache.org'
'mkdir -p /www/incubator.apache.org/directory; rsync -avz /home/akarasulu/public_html/rsynced-sites/directory/*
akarasulu@minotaur.apache.org:/www/incubator.apache.org/directory'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.

    [exec] Host key verification failed.
    [exec] rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    [exec] rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(365)
    [exec] [ERROR] Result: 12

attaining goal build:end

Cheers,