directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [site] building and deploying part II
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:38:08 GMT
Hi,

WARNING: I have not yet tried Brett's plugin changes just yet.  This is
the next thing I will be doing.

As promised here's part II.  First off you know you can build the
sitedocs using either one of these commands with Maven ...

1). maven mutliproject site:deploy (for projects with many subprojects)
2). maven site:deploy

These commands deploy generated sitedocs to the staging area which is
currently in my home directory here:

http://www.apache.org/~akarasulu/rsynced-sites/directory

This is password protected along with the page used to deploy sites to
their target docroot.  This is primarily to prevent bots from causing
problems.  You can get the username password by cating the following
file in my home directory.  All ASF committers should be able to access
my home directory and read this file:

~akarasulu/deployer-userpasswd.txt

Here's the page to hit to deploy the site:

http://www.apache.org/~akarasulu/rsynced-sites

This is protected using the same username password.  Once you get in
just hit the deploy button.  It should rsync the changes you have made
to files in the staging area to the docroot of your project.

I think using Brett's modified plugin will be a much better approach to
managing staged publication.  I'll play with the plugin now and report
back soon.  Also turns it out that Dave Crossley is working on a
publication server/service area where we can stage our sitedocs.  So we
might be able to get that staging area sooner than we thought.

Cheers,
Alex