directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] building and deploying (part I)
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:16:27 GMT

>> I'd probably use rsync -avz --delete to make sure it didn't
>> accumulate crud, but there are two concerns with that:
>> - it'll delete anything that was pushed there manually
>> - I've sometimes seen mail archives stored in there - deleting these
>> would probably be bad :)
>>
>> presumably this is still a bad thing in terms of recovery from
>> staging, though I imagine the latter are recovered from backup in a
>> failure.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>

> Excellent suggestions Brett.  If this publish feature was there today
> I'd be using it.  What's the effort involved in knocking this stuff
> out?  Meaning this is not possible within the near future but
> something that we can use down the road right?

I've got it there, without --delete for now for safety reasons :) Let me
know how it goes.

maven -Dmaven.repo.remote=http://cvs.apache.org/repository
-DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-site-plugin -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT
plugin:download

Goals and properties docs are up:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/site/
I'll add the use cases later.

Basically, add:
maven.site.stage.directory=/path/to/stage
and site:deploy will go there instead, with site:publish publishing from
there to pom.siteDirectory (which should be the final location).

I'll add the stage stuff to the POM in Maven 1.1

- Brett