directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Moving issues between projects in bulk
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2005 05:10:36 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:44:24PM -0500, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I just took a look at JIRA's bulk operation feature to see if it can be
>>used to move isses from one project to another.  There were no links on
>>the wizard for bulk moving items but I think individual items can be
>>moved.  Is there anyone out there that has done this before on infra or
>>anywhere that can recommend an alternative mechanism?
>>

>It isn't possible yet in JIRA -- bulk moving issues is tricky, and a
>mapping between each field's values must be made, and different issue
>types may had different fields.  How many issues do you want to move?
>I find doing such operations in parallel with a tabbed browser is quite
>effective.

Do you work for Atlassian?  Well I did see a JIRA on this particular
matter and saw that a maping would be required as you suggest here.  I
have ~120 issues to move.

BTW we only needed to change the name/key of the JIRA project which was
DIREVE.  We wanted to set this to DIRSERVER.  Perhaps there is a way
behind the scenes to just change the key via the DB?

Thanks,
-Alex