directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject [naming][all] tomcat bug fixes, commons-logging dependency
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2005 21:16:46 GMT
Reviewing the tomcat change logs, I noticed a few bug fixes /
enhancements I had missed and which should be applied to [naming].
These changes will be necessary if tomcat is going to become a [naming]
user. I think we should hold off on the release until these changes are
applied.  Apologies for having missed some important changes.

One set of changes are to eliminate System.out's and to log exceptions
in NamingContext and some other classes in core.  The tomcat changes
introduce a commons-logging dependency in core.  I am personally +1 for
including these changes and adding the c-l dependency (which will be
inherited by all other [naming] components from core); but before doing
so, I want to make sure others are OK with it.

Assuming we follow Noel's suggesting and integrate [naming] into the
directory server, this has implications on other parts of the Directory
code base.  I notice that eve/trunk/core/project.xml already references
c-l, so this is probably not an issue, but I wanted to check to make
sure we are all OK with it.

Phil