directory-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject RE: [asn1] Stateful Decoder question.
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:39:52 GMT
Quoting "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>:
> You guys do know about JAMES (http://james.apache.org), right?
>
> You might want to consider contributing to JAMES (including migrating to the
> new I/O packages) rather than to write new mail servers.

I know about it and have looked at it before.  My reason for starting a
new smtp
server project is that just that I thought it would fun.  I don't
really expect
anyone else to really care about it or use it, but it's something to do in my
spare time that is a nice escape from my regular day job as a web developer,
helps hone my Java developer skills and gives me a chance to experiment with a
real world SEDA server.  If people start to use it in the future,
that's great.
  If not, that's ok too.  Like I said, I'm just doing it for the fun of it.
It's one of those things where I literally woke up and said, "It would be fun
to start writing an SMTP server."  Besides, one of the nice things
about OSS is
choice, choice, choice.

Rich