directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [apache directory server] General use of acronym ADS
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:56:20 GMT
I was just about to rename Eve references to use the new name, Apache Directory Server.  I
was thinking I'd use ads for the package base for the server like org.apache.ads ...  Athough
I would refer to the server as the Apache Directory Server on the site I was going to rename
the eve directory here https://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/eve/ to ads.
 Also before I forget the executable jar will then be named ads-${version}.jar

Will there be a problem with the use of this acronym.  I would like to keep the package names
short nevertheless.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
Alex