directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: RE: [VOTE] Directory project releases II
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:16:17 GMT

Excuse my late response to recent messages on this thread - I've been out of pocket.

WRT Steve's comments, I fixed the license issues a couple days ago 15 minutes after he noticed
the problem.  As for Javadocs naming is a JNDI provider and any Javadocs would be on internal
classes and interfaces.  The API is the JNDI which is documented in the Jdk docs.  However
providing javadocs on these internal classes on the site and in the distro are a plus.  IMO
this should not prevent the release.

Now WRT the other issues concerning the release of internal packages I can still go both ways
but am leaning now more towards keeping it simple with the core products.  I think Brett's
commentary pulled me over.  Although no one cast a veto with -0 votes on this matter these
opinions are very important.  Brett, Noel, Nicola, and you Phil made some excellent points
and you guys are much more experienced here than I.  This is where one must just concede to
the wisdom of others and the consensus of the community.  So with that said I'm on board with
the external release of the server and naming.  Other API's we can manage as internal releases
like Nicola pointed out with Cocoon which has several jars composing the server.

To summarize at this point we have several +1s and the consensus to only release our core
products.  However Steve does have a veto and this must be addressed.

After the responses to your veto Steve are you willing to retract it? Otherwise we're still
in limbo here :).

Thanks much,
Alex