directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] building and deploying part II
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:58:31 GMT
Quoting Phil Steitz <phil@steitz.com>:

> I was running maven 1.0 initially, which would not start after the
> plugin:install below (looking for plugin-parent-1.0/Plugin.Jelly),

I think there was a typo - you should plugin install from the site subdirectory.
Maven should have warned about this really.

> so I
> upgraded to 1.0.2.  I assumed that the plugins were installed in .maven
> so did not rebuild after changing $MAVEN_HOME to point to 1.0.2.  Do I
> need to rebuild the site plugin?

No, unfortauntely for backwards compat. plugins are still installed to
$MAVEN_HOME/plugins (you can manually copy them to ~/.maven/plugins if you'd
like though).

> One funny thing that I have seen a couple of times in the last few days
> is apparently incorrect status/diff info from svn.  I did status and
> diff and neither picked up the changes to project.xml and
> project.properties committed today.  I then updated and saw the changes.
>   Are others seeing this kind of thing?

This is as designed. svn status shows local changes (not remote changes
waiting), svn diff does likewise (compares copy in .svn/text-base to current).

Cheers,
Brett