directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] building and deploying (part I)
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:58:15 GMT
Quoting Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:

> Funny I asked a similar question myself so we don't have to keep this in
> my home directory.  It can bet to be a pita figuring out within whose
> home dir the site staging area is kept.  Noel recommended I use my home
> directory for now until this place is determined.  I'd love to set this
> up from day 1 if I don't have to move things around.

I don't think its a big deal to move around, but worth getting the ball rolling.
I'd also like to ask about the mail archives stored in there, so I'll contact
infra@ after I've had a chance to look around at the exact situation.

> >> # Put your username here
> >> maven.username=akarasulu
> >> maven.remote.group=apcvs
> >
> Yeah this was old stuff I still have hanging around.  Should i just blow
> it away?

Nope - for now, you need it for site.

> Excellent suggestions Brett.  If this publish feature was there today
> I'd be using it.  What's the effort involved in knocking this stuff
> out?  Meaning this is not possible within the near future but something
> that we can use down the road right?

I can knock this out in an hour using the existing site plugin. It should be
ready tomorrow.

Incidentally, I've released a beta of the SCM plugin that supports subversion,
so if you want to use that to create releases, feel free.

The release functionality is still fairly primitive, but it saves a bit of work
(and helps make sure you don't miss a step :) Basically it updates the versions
in project.xml/changes.xml, commits them, tags the tree in the first step, and
the second step does a clean checkout and run a goal to create the release
artifacts.

release announcement of SCM plugin:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-dev&m=110510218925168&w=2

example use of scm:prepare-release/perform-release:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/developers/releasing-plugins.html
(I'm presently working on more general documentation for this too)

Cheers,
Brett